About DBS Taiwan
- DBS first established a presence in Taiwan in 1983 and is committed to growing its franchise in Taiwan over 30 years. In 2008, DBS acquired the “good bank assets” of Bowa Bank, giving it significant inroads into Taiwan.
- The investment reinforces DBS' Greater China strategy, and enhances the bank's position as a leading provider of financial services in Asia.
- With a total of 40 branches in Taiwan; about half of these branches are in Taipei.
- DBS Bank (Taiwan) Ltd, a subsidiary of DBS, commenced business in January 2012.
- Fitch Ratings has affirmed DBS Bank (Taiwan) Ltd a Long-Term Issuer Default Rating at ‘AA-‘, a Short-Term IDR at ‘F1+’, a National
Long-Term Rating of 'AAA(twn)' and a National Short-Term Rating of 'F1+(twn)'. The outlook is stable.
- Moody's Investors Service has assigned A2
long-term local and foreign currency deposit ratings, P-1 short-term local and foreign currency deposit ratings to DBS Bank (Taiwan) Ltd. The ratings outlook is stable.
Key Business Advantages
- Focused on Asia, the fastest growing region in the world.
- An Asian bank with insights and deep understanding of the ins and outs of doing business with and in Asia.
- Connected to the major growth hubs in Northeast Asia, Southeast Asia and South Asia.
- DBS Taiwan provides the full range of banking services for companies, SMEs and individuals.
- Products include corporate banking services; global financial market services and Consumer Banking, including Treasures.